Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Finished the Book of Mormon

Things are going so good lately!!! I look forward to P-days, too! Today is a normal day though.  We had our P-Day yesterday cause all the missionaries left.  I will tell you more about that later. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DAD!!! I hope all is well with work and whatnot. 

That is so awesome that you're going to be a temple worker! That's when you know you're getting old! haha! 

That is so hard to hear about Sister St. Jacques and Brother Russon.  I thought for sure she would have longer than that.  I'm sorry to hear that. 

Jess needs to learn to get it together [he's referring to her sledding accident]! And probably needs to take it easy.  Best of wishes to her and she will be in my prayers. 

It's good to hear you had fun at the play.  You deserved it.  You both are great parents!!

That's good you're losing weight.  Just like this language is taking it's time coming, so will the weight loss.  Just gotta be patient!  And pray lots. And read the Book of Mormon.  Tons of blessings come from that I promise!! Speaking of which, I finished reading it on Sunday! So basically I know what I'm talking about when I say it brings the blessings! 

Those dang colds!  Elder Peart still has a super bad one.  But I have stayed strong and healthy! I'm like the only one who goes to bed on time.  Its gotta be because of that.  HAHA! EXACT OBEDIENCE! 

I haven't gotten any letters yet though.  I'm sure I will get them sometime though! HA Have any of you gotten any of mine? I hope so. 

But anyways.  Now! About the rest of my week.  We watched The Testament on Sunday.  I love that movie!! Cry like a baby every time. 

All of the elders left the other day, so yesterday we had a day off kinda.  We started with the temple.  It is still hard to understand everything they are saying, but I can kinda recognize everything so that is good.  Then when we came back we had to change rooms?! So we had to pack everything up super fast and move real quick because . . . We had a day out on the town! Started off with the museo de oro! That's the gold museum!  SO AMAZING!!! Crazy awesome the history and stuff they had in there.  I took lots of pictures so you know what I'm talking about.  I'll have to send them later though.  Then we went to a Catholic church clear up on the side of the mountain. We had to take a tram up it was so steep!  Also got tons of pictures of that, too.  Awesome pictures there.  While there they had these little shop things where I purchased a little bracelet for 1000 pesos.  It was interesting exchanging dollars for pesos yesterday, too. But it was super fun.  On the way back down we talked to a woman and her husband on the tram.  Crazy awesome experience there.  First missionary experience!  But then we got back and I took some awesome sunset pictures.  Then we watched 17 Miracles.  Such a tear jerker! Then we went and played piano again.  I love the songs Elder Collins has. I am getting good at hitting the high notes in them, too.

So last night after everything we got three new North American Elders.  They came straight from the states.  No Spanish at all! Kinda funny, but I know what it feels like.  It will be good for them. We aren't allowed to speak English anymore.  Fun stuff there. 

But anyways.  Things are still good! Three more weeks til I'm outta here!! Best of luck and much love to all of you!  God be with you til we meet again!

- Elder Anderson

P.S. DON'T BLINK!!