Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Don't Write So Many Questions!

Hey Momma!!

I am doing so good!!  I am loving every minute of this mission thing and can't wait to get out in the field to try everything out for myself!  The food here is absolutely amazing!  I got a new comp when I got here.  His name is Elder Kristensen.  He is such an awesome and spiritual guy.  The flight here was so long, but I'm glad that it's over.

***  This is Julie.  I asked Kyle a bunch of questions again.  The following are my questions and his answers to them.  ***
 

1.    HOW ARE YOU???  J  How are you feeling about this whole mission thing so far???  (DETAILS!  Please be honest!)  I'm amazing.  Couldn't be happier!

2.    How was your travel day to Colombia?  Traveling was so long.  I got a lot of sleep in though!  It was pretty confusing not being able to talk to anyone on the plane to Colombia, but it turned out to be okay.

3.    How was your first day in Colombia?  Were you scared, nervous, excited, ???  My first day was awesome!  I was crazy excited.  No scared feelings at all.  It turned out being absolutely beautiful and totally insane!

4.    What did you do your first day?  We had a couple classes on our first day, but for the most part, we slept and unpacked everything.

5.    Did things go smoothly or was it kind of chaotic?  Things were way smooth.

6.    How is your Spanish?  My Spanish is coming along very well.  We are almost through the book, so we will have lots of review time.  Talking with all the Latinos helps a ton, too.

7.    What’s the weather like?  The weather is always sunny.  Lots of clouds, too.  It's interesting going out at 6:30 for gym and it being light enough and warm enough to get some serious street basketball on.

8.    Do you go outside much?  We are always outside, it seems like!  I love it so much.  Sure beats sittin' in a building all day long.

9.    Are you sleeping well?  I'm sleeping fantastic.

10.  How is your cold?  I'm all better now.  No more sickness for this guy!

11.  Is there anything you forgot to take that you need me to send you?  No, I've got everything.

12.  How long do you get to write e-mails?  I still get half an hour to write, so my answers might not be too long 'cause I'm trying to hurry.

13.  Can you write e-mails to anyone besides me?  Nope.  Only family.

14.  Can you write an e-mail to Rachelle?  I wish.  You will have to forward this to her and let her know that I can write her letters, but they will take forever to get to her.  I STILL LOVE HER AND MISS HER LIKE CRAZY!!

15.  What is your companion like?  My companion is really cool.  He reminds me of Brad Hardy.  We are already way close and super spiritual!

16.  How long has your companion been in the MTC?  We came on the same day.

17.  Where is he from?  Utah.

18.  Is his family LDS?  Yeah.

19.  Is he a convert?  No.

20.  What is your companion’s name?  Elder Kristensen.

21.  Who are the other elders in your room?  Elder Collins, Elder Massey, Elder Albrecht, and Elder Jensen.

22.  Do you like them?  Yeah, they are all cool.  Elder Collins is super yoked, so I do push-ups and stuff with him at nights.

23.  Where are they from?  All from Utah.

24.  Do you like your district/zone?  Yeah, they are all cool guys.  Spiritual, too.

25.  Do you have a district AND a zone?  So far only a district.

26.  If yes, how many people are in each?  11

27.  Do you like your district leader (and zone leader if you have one)?  Yes.  It's Elder Jensen.

28.  Do you like your teachers?  Yeah, I like them.  They speak some English, but not much, so it makes me learn a lot faster.

29.  What kind of classes have you been taking?  LANGUAGE.  I think you all are confused.  I don't have a choice of classes I can take.  They teach language and gospel in the same class.

30.  Are there sister missionaries in your district/zone?  No.

31.  Are any others going to Cali?  No, just me and Elder Peart.

32.  What is a typical day schedule like?  Same as the other MTC.

33.  Are you working out/exercising every day?  Yes.  Basketball and push-ups and crunches and stuff.

34.  Do they have an MTC Choir?  No.

35.  How is the food in the Colombia MTC?  AMAZING!  SO much better than Provo.

36.  I heard you eat lots of steak in the MTC and there is a lot of unusual fruit there.  Is that true?  Yeah, lots of meat and weird fruit.

37.  Are you ever hungry?  No.

38.  Do you get to go to the Bogota Temple?  Yeah, we went today.  Such a crazy experience!  I didn't know what was being said, but the Spirit was so strong, it didn't even matter.

39.  Have you made friends with anyone beside your companion and roomies?  Yeah, we're all friends here.

40.  If yes, tell me about him/her!  Everyone is friendly.

41.  Have you gotten any letters yet?  No.

42.  Is it ok to send you letters through dearelder.com or would you rather have a letter through the mail?  I don't know.  Either way.

43.  Are there spiders there?  No spiders or creepy things.

44.  Did you know some buildings don’t have complete roofs on them because it’s so warm there?  Cool info.

45.  How big is it?  It's small here.

46.  How many missionaries are there?  There are like 150 maybe here.

47.  How many Americans?  20 maybe.
 
If you get a chance watch, "Only a Stonecutter" and "John Tanner Story."  Great stuff.  I'm out of time.  DON'T WRITE SO MANY QUESTIONS.  I can't tell you about anything. 
 
Tell Tara Happy Birthday from me and my District.  I will have them write her letters.  There is tons of graffiti here and it's beautiful!  Sorry I can't say more, but I gotta go.
 
I love you all and don't forget about me!
 
- Elder Anderson
 
P.S.  Don't blink, RACHELLE!