Monday, March 11, 2013

Transferred to Campo

Take it easy on the cars!!!  [We hit a deer while driving to work in the Manti Temple on Saturday morning.  I told Kyle to obey the rules, even the speed limit].  And so far I'm obeying all the rules with exactness!   (I think.)

I'm excited to hear about how Alex will do [Kyle's cousin, Alex Larsen, is going to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to serve his mission.  He'll be speaking Hmong].  He will do great!  I heard some people speaking Hmong when I was in the MTC in Provo and it's a weird language.  But it would be cool to learn!

Yeah, I've been in 2 car accidents [Kyle told Brian about the accidents last week, but not me, so I asked him about them].  I didn't say anything about them because they were so so so tiny.  We just bumped into the sides of the other cars.  Driving here is crazy!!! No lines on the roads.  It's pretty scary at times, but pretty cool.

Kyle and Elder Flores
My new companion is Elder Flores!  He is a super awesome dude!  Our area is called Ceibas 2.  We live in a city called Campo.  Its pretty small . . . compared to Cali.  But it has a lot of farm land and cows, which is good to see again.  Brings me right back to home!  Our area consists of a lot of small towns put together.  It's kinda like Sanpete is setup, with about six miles in between each town.  So we spend a lot of time on the bus, which I don't like.  It's super super crowded.  BUT!  It will be good once I know Spanish a lot better because I will have a lot of teaching opportunities.  All the houses here are really small.  They are about the size of the basement family room.  But my apartment has two floors, so it's two of those.  Probably a little smaller.  My bed is pretty hard actually.  Ha!  I wake up feeling like an old man because my back hurts. BUT!  If the pioneers could do it, so can this guy!

We can't drink the water.  We have to boil it.  I think I'm getting a little skinnier because you can see my dimples pretty good now.  But not too much.  I eat a lot of bread because it's super cheap and it's super good!  I bought a jersey and some glasses today.  That's pretty awesome.

We have two baptisms set up.  Camilo and his brother Estavan.  They are 12 and 14 years old.  We are all really excited about it!! Me and Camilo are buds.  It's awesome!

You don't need to worry about me coming home, momma [I asked Kyle if he's still happy].  This is too awesome and I love it too much already! I mean, of course, I miss you and everyone, but, you know, I need to be here.

Keep on keeping on!  Be safe!  I love you!  Until next week!!!

- Elder Anderson


[Kyle's e-mail to Todd today]

It's good that things are busy [with woodworking]! It's about time you got to work! Haha!  Sorry I can't be there helping you.  But I think I would rather be here instead.  I really hope that thing works with this guy [working with a man to build furniture]!  What a great opportunity!  
 
I haven't really heard anything more about the strikes, but yeah, I got transferred!  My new comp is Elder Flores.  I make fun of him because that's flowers in English.  Ha! We are already good buds. And we make a crazy good team! We have a baptism this Saturday with a little kid named Camilo.  We are already buds, too.  We are all crazy excited for Saturday!
 
But anyways.  Mom told me about the car.  What's up with that?!?!  But anyways.  I hope all is still going well.  Much love to ya!
 
- Elder Anderson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Elder Anderson will have fun reading them when he gets home from his mission!