*** This is Julie. I wrote Kyle a letter on Friday, December 21, asking him a LOT of questions and today he answered those in his e-mail! So that it makes sense, I've included my questions and Kyle's answers here. ***
1. HOW ARE YOU??? J How are you feeling about this whole mission thing so far??? (DETAILS! Please be honest!) I'm doing very well. The MTC is such a great place. A lot better than everyone was making it sound. I'm already used to everything so that's a good sign.
2. How was your first day? Were you scared, nervous, excited,??? My first day was super good. Rushed . . . but good. I was excited. Not nervous at all.
3. What did you do your first day? We just went to classes and had to go through a whole bunch of orientations.
4. Did things go smoothly or was it kind of chaotic? Things were both smooth and chaotic.
5. Does Saturday start the only speaking Spanish thing? Pretty much from day one we had to only speak Spanish. We can only say our prayers and bear our testimonies in Spanish, though. But just try on everything else.
6. Are you sleeping well? Yeah, I'm sleeping fine. It's pretty cold though. I'm currently sick with a cold cause of it, but that's no big deal.
7. Is there anything you forgot to take that you need me to send you? I'm getting made fun of because I only brought six ties. I also could use a hoodie or something cause it's freezing!
8. What is your companion like? My companion is cool. His name is Elder Peart.
9. How long has your companion been in the MTC? He came in on the same day as me.
10. Where is he from? South Jordan
11. Is his family LDS? Yes
12. Is he a convert? No
13. What is your companion’s name? Elder Peart
14. Who are the other elders in your room? Me and Elder Peart are the only ones in our room.
15. Do you like them? It's good.
16. Where are they from? Um . . . yeah.
17. Do you like your district/zone? Yeah, my district is awesome! There is only a couple of elders from the other districts that I don't like, but overall the zone is cool.
18. Do you have a district AND a zone? Yeah.
19. If yes, how many people are in each? We have 10 in our district with three districts in our zone.
20. Do you like your district leader (and zone leader if you have one)? I guess I don't mind the district leader cause you know . . . IT'S ME~!!!~!~!!! The Zone leaders are way cool, tool.
21. Do you like your teachers? Yeah, my teacher is way cool. He is super patient with everything.
22. What kind of classes have you been taking? There isn't a choice of classes we can take. Spanish and Gospel. Not much else to learn.
23. Are there sister missionaries in your district/zone? Yeah, there are four hermanas in our district. They are the only ones in our zone.
24. Is everyone going to Colombia? No, only me and my companion are going to Colombia.
25. Are any going to Cali? We're both going to Cali.
26. What is a typical day schedule like? Wake up, go to gym, shower, class for three hours, lunch, personal study time of some sort, more class for three hours, dinner, and then depending on the day, we have meetings or devotionals or whatever else at night.
27. Are you working out/exercising every day? Yes I am.
28. What kind of exercise do you do? I have been playing basketball everyday.
29. Did you sign up to be in the MTC Choir? Yeah, I'm in the choir. The songs they picked for it are super awesome and I enjoy them a lot!
30. How was church on Sunday? Church was good. We talked about repentance all day long.
31. Have you heard if any general authorities are coming to speak at the MTC during the Christmas holiday? No, they don't tell me.
32. If yes, do you know who? No
33. What is church like in the MTC? It's interesting. It feels like a normal day, except with Sacrament meeting thrown in there.
34. What else do you do on Sunday? Nothing. Classes.
35. How is the food in the MTC? It's just as good as I thought it would be. Most of it is good, but there are the things you need to stay away from.
36. Are you ever hungry? No, not really. If I am, everyone has been getting so much candy that they are more than willing to share.
37. When do you get to go to the Provo Temple? The temple is closed for December. We went on a temple walk yesterday, though.
38. Have you seen anyone you know? Yeah, I've seen Austin a couple of times. And I saw a kid I know from Juab.
39. Have you made friends with anyone beside your companion and roomies? Yeah, I'm friends with my whole zone. And a lot of other people, too. Everyone is friendly so it's not hard.
40. If yes, tell me about him/her! Not enough time.
41. Have you gotten any letters yet? Yeah, I got a letter from Rachelle. And I also got a package from her as well. It was fantastic.
42. Is it ok to send you letters through dearelder.com or would you rather have a letter through the mail? Either way is fine. I get a piece of paper in the mailbox no matter how you do it, so whichever you prefer.
It's good that the room is cleaned and will stay that way. I miss Brian, too. I'm not homesick at all though cause I know I'm supposed to be here. Everything will go by fast and I'll be home super quick anyways. I like hearing from Rachelle. It's nice to know she still cares. The language is coming, but it's definitely taking it's time. But anyways, send much love to everyone and let me know any more questions that you guys have! Make sure Rachelle knows she can ask me questions through you if she wants to. Send some love her way, too. Til we meet again!
Oh yeah... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Wish I was there, but its for a good cause that I'm Not! TE AMO!